The White River Partnership (WRP) is a membership-based, nonprofit organization formed in 1996 by a group of local people who shared common concerns about the long-term health of the White River and its watershed. The WRP envisions a White River watershed in which individuals and communities work together to make informed decisions that protect and improve water quality, fish and wildlife habitat, flood resilience, and recreational river access.
- US Forest Service Volunteer & Service Award for Leadership – 2016
- US Fish & Wildlife Service National Fish Passage Program Partner of the Year – 2012
- Vermont Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence – 2012
- US Forest Service Eastern Region Honor Award for Protecting Ecosystems Across Boundaries – 2008
- Vermont Urban and Community Forestry Council Vermont Tree Steward Award – 2007
- US Forest Service Excellence in Riparian Management Award – 2003
- Vermont Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence & Pollution Prevention – 2003
- In 2000, the WRP was one of 12 groups nationally selected to receive a US Forest Service Community Based Watershed Restoration Partnership Grant in recognition of our community-based approach to resolving watershed problems.
WRP Strategic Plan
The WRP Board of Directors adopted a 2014 Strategic Plan in August to guide our work for the next 5 years. Follow this link to learn more about our plans: WRP_strategic-plan_2014.