Fundraising dinner series benefits WRP
The White River Partnership and 5 Olde Tavern in South Royalton invite you to enjoy a great dinner for a good cause on the last Monday of January, February, and March: January 28, February 25, and March 25. Eat dinner anytime between 5pm and 9pm and 5 Olde Tavern will donate 10% of your food purchases to the WRP to support our work in 2019.
The WRP is a membership-based, nonprofit organization formed in 1996 by a group of local people who shared an interest in keeping the White River healthy. The WRP envisions a White River watershed in which individuals and communities work together to make informed decisions that result in clean water, fewer flood damages, improved access to the river, and more.
In 2019 the WRP will work with individuals, schools, towns, technical partners, and funders to:
- Plant 4,000 native trees along the river to improve water quality and habitat;
- Engage 500 teachers and students in hands-on watershed education programs;
- Protect and restore 40 acres of active floodplain;
- Monitor water quality at 22 swimming holes around the watershed;
- Remove 2 abandoned dams; and
- Engage 1,000 community volunteers in monitoring, restoration, and stewardship projects.
The fundraising dinner series starts on Monday, January 28. Please RSVP if you’d like to join the WRP Board of Directors’ table at 6pm: info[at]whiteriverpartnership.com.